Wrangler HVAC Fan

Two years ago my 2000 Wrangler HVAC fan died on the lower two speeds while I was on vacation in Florida. It wasn't a real big deal because it still works on hi speed. I understand that my problem is most likely the resister bank that the lo/med. speeds feed through and I know it's located under the passenger side dash. BUT, after I remove the glove box, I see three different connectors/devices. I'm not real expert on electrical systems and I haven't located a decent electrical diagram to find the resister bank. Anyone had any experience with this one?

Reply to
willy

It is usually low and is inserted into the fan shroud air flow for cooling. I think you come at it from the bottom. There might be a plastic cover over it, there is on our XJ. It will have three wires likely and some have two wires in the same clip.

Mike

willy wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

If you look under your passenger side dash, not the glove box, you'll find a plastic cover that comes off with 2 screws. Your resistor is located behind that cover. Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

joe is correct it is a 5 minute job also the ac control board could be bad & it costs about 60 bucks resistor 12 bucks the control board is another 5 minute job as well

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Sometimes a fan going bad will burn out the resistor pack because its drawing too much. Consider replacing the blower as well. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
mic canic