'94 850 New valves

I recently had a burnt valve on a 2.5l 10V. All the work has been done to correct this. Initially everything seemed fine. Now a week later I'm getting sluggish performance. There has been a concern over the exhaust. When a hand is placed over the exhaust pipe oil is deposited onto my hand. Does this suggest a piston ring problem although oil wasn't deposited on my hand prior to the work or could it be faulty valve seals? I have used more oil than I would expect in just one week's driving although there was previously an issue with the rocker head seal. This was also fixed during the major repair work to the valves and head.

Many thanks Tony

Reply to
remove

Return to the repair shop & express your questions to them you have valid concerns do not them brush you off

Reply to
Glenn Klein

My guess would be they forgot to install the valve seals on one or more valves, or the head gasket has a leak between an oil passage and the combustion chamber.

The sluggish performance is more of a worry though, best get them to look at it again, they must have overlooked something or made a mistake.

Reply to
James Sweet

Back to the repair shop straight away then!!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Thanks for all your help.