940 glass (UK)

Hi gang,

I need a new windscreen & rear screen for a '92 940 estate. Autoglass have quoted me £874 for the pair. Obviously I would like to do this a little cheaper. Does anybody in the uk know of anybody pricing this glass a little more reasonably?

Cheers in advance,

M.

Reply to
Lynyrd Skinhead

Doesn't your car insurance cover this? If it doesn't, sorry. I wish I did know a cheaper option for you. If this happened outside your house, eg. vandalism, some house content insurances cover it (mine does). If not, I wish you the best.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

I just got my windscreen replaced on insurance, apparently they have made a policy now that the insurance price is the same price the private person pays, son instead of reducing the cost for insurance they increase the private buyers cost, so now everyone gets ripped off.

It does sound like a high quote, you need to phone about 10 companies, or a nationwide scrap yard chain.

Reply to
Tony Stanley

I doubt the scrapyard route is viable. I'm pretty sure these screens are glued in - err, sorry, bonded in. This makes both getting one out and installing one much less DIY-friendly than the rubber-seal-and-plenty-of-swearing windscreens of old.

Reply to
Stewart Hargrav