940 headrests

Is there any way to change the headrest position in a '93 940?

Reply to
joel

Wagon or Sedan?

I have a wagon. On the rear seats you simply pull straight up. To lower pull slightly toward one's self while pushing down. Rear seat headrests do not go down as far as it looks like they might. This extended run only happens when one folds the seat down. Then the headrest collapses the whole way to accommodate the seat folding up against the back of the front seats. Some sort of lock mechanism which won't release until seat is folded forward.

As for the front seats I can't remember. I will take a look in the morning. (sorry)

Reply to
KLB

I have a sedan...none of the headrests are adjustable except for the center rear seat, which moves a couple of inches up or back to its original position; the front headrests are directly connected to the seats, they don't move; and the rear side headrests feel as if they might but they do not move either.

Reply to
Robert

Well I had a look

Doesn't appear to be any adjustment for the headrests on the front seats.

I guess it's one size fits all.

Reply to
KLB

In article , KLB wrote: :Well I had a look : :Doesn't appear to be any adjustment for the headrests on the front seats. : :I guess it's one size fits all. : :

those headrests can move. there is a place several inches down in back where pressure permits removal of the headrests. this has to be done when you put sheepskin seatcovers on the bucket seats. had ot done several times.

sorry i can't be more specific. also, it is not clear if they can be installed higher than when they are directly on the top of the seat.

Reply to
arthur wouk