940 turbo 97

Hi,

My 940 turbo from 97 starts up and after a few seconds it stops running. The fuelpump is running when turning the ignition key and stays running while cranking. The engine starts and stops running after 1 or 2 seconds

any ideas ?

Greetz Sprokkie

Reply to
sprokkie

Does the tach needle drop like a rock when the engine cuts out, or does it follow the engine RPM down to zero?

Reply to
James Sweet

Its actualy not running at all, it looks like it wil run and then stops. i cannot explain it good in english, but ill trie The engine makes a sound like it wants to run, but then it stops, ill gues its not even 1 second

The engine has been doing strange for a while now, it randomly wont start, While driving is stop's running for 0,5 seconds, ill think it a misfire then.

The fuelpump is replaced, the tdc sensor had 165Ohms

sorry for the confusing question

sprokkie

Reply to
sprokkie

I was going to suggest the crank angle sensor, but I assume that's the TDC sensor, it still may be failing when it gets warm, I don't know. Check to see if it has a good spark.

Reply to
James Sweet

Is the air plumbing between the turbo, intercooler, and intake ok?

Reply to
James Sweet

Also did that year have an air mass meter? If so try unplugging it and see if it will start.

Reply to
James Sweet

Unplugging the AMM didn't gpt the engine to start.... The plumbing seems ok

its driving me crazy

greets sprokkie

Reply to
sprokkie

Have you changed the fuel pump relay ? also locate the 2 black relays under the hood & swap them 1 is for radio suppression the other is for the fuel injectors Check these & post back are there any codes ?

Reply to
Glenn K

Where is the fuelpump relay located ? Where are the 2 black relays located ?

greets Sprokkie

Reply to
sprokkie