'95 940 fuel gauge problem

My 940 seems to have a developed a fuel guage indication problem. It's stuck on empty (or thereabouts), with the warning LED on regardless of how much fuel is in the tank. I suspect the sending unit/float assembly is responsible for the erroneous indication. I was able to "free" it up after my last fill-up by driving over a speed bump rather briskly, but that strategy didn't work this time.

Is the float assembly easy to remove an inspect? Is it located under the spare tire well like many other cars?

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
Aleric

The access panel is under the mat to the left and forward of the spare.

Reply to
Rod Gray