96 850 T AC clutch

My AC works great as long as the outside temp. is below 85° F and I'm not stuck in traffic then it blows warm air and usually will not resume cooling. I bypassed the high temp switch but the problem continues. I was told that the clutch was worn and the entire compressor had to be replaced?? Can the clutch be repaired or replaced? The car has 260000 miles. Thanks John

Reply to
John Yahn

Sorry for my English, but i'm italian. You must adjust the distance of the clutch. I don't know what is the correct gap but I'm sure that is the solution. Ask at your dealer for this. By "John Yahn" ha scritto nel messaggio news:WOBhi.2484$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Reply to
Alessio