96 940 has no chassis brace

I have a 95 940 SE Turbo and that has a structural bar under the gearbox joining the the 2 radius arm mounting points, but another family members

1996 940 GLE does not have one. Both are Estates and turbos.

Is this correct or is it missing? The car seems to handle well with much less roll than my 95 car but does squirm a bit under braking. The

95 car has new rear spring and Bilstein sport shocks, but original front end parts.

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony

That sounds like an accessory or aftermarket chassis brace. Perhaps it was part of the SE package?

Reply to
James Sweet

I'd never knew of a car that had one from the factory. However, it was available through the dealer (over here anyway) and I've seen a few that had them installed.

Reply to
Mike F

i put on the IPD braces...upper and lower

i felt it made a big difference...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^