Is there anybody who can help me to understand my 96 volvo 850.

Anytime when I stop the car and turn the engine off, the fan keeps running for about five minutes before stopping by itself. Is this anything that I should be worrying about? because it did used to to this.

Reply to
bamilekebameka

On my 97 850, the cooling fan runs briefly after I shut off the engine but clearly not as long as one minute.

My suspicion would be that your fan's temperature sensor is faulty. I

*think* it's located on the inside face of the radiator and has a wire running to the fan.

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

I have an adjustable thermostat on my 760. I set it to run for approx 5 minutes after I shut off the engine. The coolant still circulates through the block because heat rises/cold falls, so it doesn't hurt to help it along by taking some of the extra heat out of the block, especially in turbo applications, which I have. I wouldn't worry about your fan running a bit after you shut off the engine, it's only helping to cool things down, and not costing any gas.

RS

Reply to
Rusty