960 /1996 2.5 24V Valve maintenance and week engine?

Hello there,

I just bought a 960 2.5 6I cylinder. Some guys made me very anxious about this purchase. They told me that this engine is very week, having problems with the headgasket. Is this true? If so, can I prevent this? What about the valve timing? Can they be adjusted or not? I thought they were hydraulic, never need to be maintained? Am I wrong, did I bought a bad bargain? I drove a 960 2.9 for about 6 years, and also had troubles with the headgasket, but I thought this was just bad luck! I loved this 960, that's why I bought a new one!

Any help please?

Reply to
wim meerschaut