Volvo S80 T5 - Opinions

Hi folks,

I have the opportunity to buy an used Volvo S80 T5. It is 4 years old and has 100.000 km. Body and interiors and in an impressive good shape. I would like to know more about maintenance experiences, how long could I expect this type of engine to last (taking good care of it, of course) and your general opinions about this car. I still have to choose either I buy this used car or a new one for the same price, like the S40 1.6, Toyota Avens or a Mazda 6.

Cheers,

Jazz

Reply to
Jazz

These are very dependable cars and the T5 engine is descended from a line of engines known for their toughness. If everything works well now I wouldn't have any qualms about it's reliability. There are a number of net mouths who would love to own such a fine car, but can't, so it's the 'sour grapes" syndrome.

Reply to
Spanky

I've never owned one and probably never will, but there is one I've seen locally (this is in Dunfermline, Scotland) in a gold/bronze colour. Absolutely beautiful looking car, but the best thing was the number plate - T5 JOY. That knocked me out !!!!

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray