97 850 power steering pump replacement

Volvo: 1997 850 T-5

The reservoir on my power steering pump has a leak. I have a new pump on order from the local NAPA store. BTW, their price was $159. A replacement pump was priced at $611 when I called a Volvo dealer yesterday!

I plan to replace the pump myself. Is this a difficult repair? Getting the pump out doesn't look too bad. I am concerned about the high pressure line connection. It looks like there is a large (22 mm?) lock nut on the line that may be difficult to tighten, or it may require a special tool. Any comments appreciated.

John

Reply to
newsposter