97 960 idling rough; stalling at low RPM speed?!?

I took my 97' 960 to the Volvo dealer (first time since I've owned it; used), to have the timing belt replaced (@149kmls). They advised me before they were done with it that they had hooked it up to the OCB and found a code saying that the air mass meter sensor needed to be replaced; it was going to be an additional 300 something. We talked about what this meant to me (drive and safety) wise; I declinded with the reasoning that I could not afford this at this time. Got my car back... the rough idling (of course), continued. A few weeks later I bought a new (Volvo, $217+tx) air mass meter sensor and installed it myself. ABSOLUTELY DID NOT fix the problem!?!? Any thoughts/suggestions on how I should handle this?

Reply to
krystina.muller