'97 960 - sunroof maintenance?

I would like to do the necessary maintenance on my sunroof before anything breaks.

Does anyone know exactly what is involved? I checked in Haynes (240) and Chilton, but unfortunately, sunroofs do not exist...

In the owner's manual, they say to use white grease, but once at the dealer, the guy used WD40...

What should I use and exactly where should I apply it?

Thanks.

Reply to
Patrick

Patrick

The sunroof can be a real pain. WD-40 is good for cleaning off old dried up grease but that's about it. Use white grease or wheel bearing grease, I've had good luck with both. Use it on the toothed cables.

Reply to
James Sweet

You need to look in Chilton C72302 which should certainly have it in. The sunroof in your car is glass tilt/n/slide. just open it up and access the tracks and cables, use a good quality HMP (High Melting Point) grease and lightly smear moving parts. Clean the seal around the sunroof carefully to remove caked dirt etc.

Cheers, Peter.

: >Does anyone know exactly what is involved? I checked in Haynes (240) : >and Chilton, but unfortunately, sunroofs do not exist... : >

: >In the owner's manual, they say to use white grease, but once at the : >dealer, the guy used WD40... : >

: >What should I use and exactly where should I apply it? : >

: >Thanks. :

Reply to
Peter Milnes