Radio Code? Volvo 850 1995 n2.5s Estate

Hello, Did a daft thing. Removed and replaced battery. Radio needs default code entered to restart. I bought the car used and was told the code was the Volvo default. Does this make sense? I tried 1234 and similar but no joy. Can try 3 times then it locks out for 2 hours. This is a long job unless anyone knows default code. Regards, John ,

Reply to
John and Pauline at Thornbury

youll have to pull the radio and obtain the radio ID number off the label - then contact Volvo for the code.

cheers! steve

Reply to
steve sedlis

Whoa! That's kind of drastic. IIRC The dealer can tell you the code from the VIN. No need to remove anything.

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvos since 1974

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

The radio slides out in 2 seconds with no tools, nothing to disconnect to read its serial number. If the radio has been changed ever, looking it up by the car's VIN will, of course, not work.

Reply to
Mike F

Look hard for the two long slender 'buttons' on the front of the facia, near each side. Press them in and out will pop two handles! Easy!

Cheers,

Jim Kelly

| > Whoa! That's kind of drastic. IIRC The dealer can tell you the code | > from the VIN. No need to remove anything. | >

| > Chuck Fiedler | > Nothing but Volvos since 1974 | >

| | The radio slides out in 2 seconds with no tools, nothing to disconnect | to read its serial number. If the radio has been changed ever, looking | it up by the car's VIN will, of course, not work. | | -- | Mike F. | Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont. | | NOTE: new address!! | Replace tt with t (twice!) and remove parentheses to email me directly. | (But I check the newsgroup more often than this email address.)

Reply to
Jim Kelly

Thanks all for the information. I actually knew the radio/cassette player removed, and how to, but the how to find the code was the real problem. I will get on to a Volvo dealer to try to sort this out. Again thank you. John.