98 V70 Battery Discharging

Check the trailer connections for corrosion between male or female connections.....am assuming the in line fuse is on the trailer side..

hope helps....have fun....sno

Reply to
sno

I don't think so. From the wiring diagram in the Haynes Manual it looks as if the heavy cable goes from the battery to the starter motor, and then on to the alternator - so there isn't a dedicated alternator cable at the battery end.

Reply to
Roger Mills

That's exactly how it is on 200 and 700 series Volvos, so it probably is in later ones too.

The thinner wire supplies field excitation power, it's not just for the warning light.

Reply to
James Sweet

On the assumption that the above email address is genuine, I've sent you a picture of the alternator from the Haynes Manual - with the connection indicated - so that you'll know what you're looking for.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thanks, will look for a thicker one. It must be more hidden from view. It isn't possible to disconnet the alt. feed at the battery end?

No, the alt power wire connects to the starter solonoid, so you wont find it at the battery.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..