FMVSS code on rear seatbelts on 2007 Volvo C70

Hello all,

I recently bought a 2007 Volvo C70 T5 built to American specs. For immatriculation in Europe, I have to pass an extended procedure including complete checkup of all labels on windows, mirrors, lights, seatbelts etc.

Everything should have an E-label if possible, but sometimes American specifications are OK too. But now I do have a problem finding the FMVSS label on the seatbelts on the backseat. On the seatbelts for the front seats I can find this label, but not for the backseats.

Anyone an idea where the label can be found (if on present, of course). I don't see why the seatbelts on the back seats shouldn't have these labels as the car is built to FMVSS specs (I suppose). Volvo dealers and Volvo Sweden are not really helpful for this kind of problems.

All comments greatly appreciated !

Kindest regards Werner

Reply to
Werner

Find the information you need on the seat belt close to the mounting the label usually is the same color as the seat belt Glenn K

2009 Volvo Certified Technician 2009 ASE Certified Technician
Reply to
GlennK

Find the information you need on the seat belt close to the mounting the label usually is the same color as the seat belt Glenn K

2009 Volvo Certified Technician 2009 ASE Certified Technician
Reply to
GlennK

I found this label already but it only has a 'DOT' marking and not an FMVSS code.

As far as I know, the DOT symbol is only an indication for a self- certified compliance to the applicable FMVSS standards. Not sure though that I can convince our government that this is true without 'official' documents stating this. Strange anyway that the front seat belts do have an FMVSS code on in and the back seat belts don't.

Rgds, Werner

Reply to
Werner