'98 V70 GLT - 16" or 17" wheels and bushing replacement

I have a '98 V70 GLT that has had a bit of IPD massaging. Sway bars, strut brace, exhaust, computer reprograming.

I'm still runnning the stock 15" wheels and considering upgrades. I can probably get stock 16" Volvo wheels at a good price, but haven't seen any I really like. There are a some nice wheels available at

and there does not seem to be much of apremium for 17" wheels and tires over 16" wheels and tires. I run separate wheels and snows in the winter, so summer wet and dry performance is my only consideration. I do live on a dirt road, which is why I have not change the springs.

On the topic of bushings, both my car and my wife's '98 V70 AWD have around 115k miles. My car is rather more harsh over bumps than hers. And she already has 16" wheels. Reading the IPD catalog they indicate that cars over 100k should have all the bushing replaced. While I think highly of their products, they do have incentive to sell more products so I'd like to get independent opinions.

Thanks!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey C Honig