04 ZX3-factory 16" wheels-Fr Brakes and Rotors-Replaced?

With 21,000 miles, tires were wearing evenly but tread was near replacement level. Stopped by a tire store and was told break pads wear uneven, suggested go to Ford dealer for a look see(rt front inside pad nearly gone outside poor but left front pads looked OK.

Took it to Ford, they said rotors had to be replaced. Result was new pads and new rotors. This one was hard to believe as every 5k miles tires were rotated and "hand torqued' with a proto clickstop torque wrench. Tire pressure was kept at factory spec of 34lbs.

Is this situation possible with just 21k on the car? Any assist would be appreciated

Reply to
RD

Sounds like a sticking caliper. And, as far as the tires, even if they are wearly uniformly, it appears to be an alignment problem. My '01 ZX3 with 16" wheels got 61,000 miles on the original Firestones, and I have

29,000 miles on the replacement Yokohamas, with excellent tread left. And, at 90,000 miles, I am still on the original brakes, both front and rear.

Ron

Reply to
RonrutMR2