Forester Wheels

I have a '98 Forester L with the stock 15" steel wheels with 205/70R15 tires, and an '05 Forester 2.5X on which I installed the optional 16" alloys. Will the stock 16" steel wheels off my '05 fit my '98? If I mount them with 215/60R16 tires will the ride height and speedometer be affected? Is there any downside to doing this?

Reply to
PAUL KETTERER

check here for size differences.

downside is ride will be slightly harder. upside is car should be more predictable in cornering.

Reply to
Dave - Dave.net.nz

Reply to
PAUL KETTERER

I'm pretty sure they will, Subaru have kept to 5x100mm for the last forever go to your local mag outfit and they will be able to tell you. ring the dealer and ask for the size?

Here in NZ they seem to be the same(5x100), but well, no idea where you are, it may be different(although probably not).

Reply to
Dave - Dave.net.nz

I'm sure they will work just fine, but you _have_ both vehicles available, don't you? Why not just try it? Check for clearance between the tire and the strut, front and back, and also to see that the outside of the tire isn't gonna contact the fender lip or liner. This is kind of a guesstimate; if it looks real close you can either pull the strut and work the suspension thru its travel using a floor jack or the like (best), or rub some chalk on the inside of the wheel well and drive over a good-sized speed bump to compress the suspension, and look for chalk on the tire.

ByeBye! S.