'99 V70 XC ABS and TCS CPU problems?

My ABS and TCS lights randomly come on, and then go off the next time I start the car. The ABS also randomly "fires" when going over a large bump.

Is this a sign of a flakey Brake computer?

One site said that Volvo is aware of it, but yet it is still a $600 repair/swap.

Another site will rebuild your Brake CPU for $130 with "heavier" components.

Does anyone have any comments on the problem of the "repair" site?

I would much rather have something fixed for $130 than $600 as long as I know it is real....

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob Sisson

I have a '99XC and I needed a new brake computer. Than a week later my wife's '98V70 had the same problem. This happens to all '98 and '99 S/V70s.

I have never heard of the CPU rebuild.

PC

Reply to
Peter (Remove one i and the R

Here is the link to the rebuild site...

Mine is working so far intermitently so I haven't pulled mine yet...

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob Sisson

Reply to
<djmcreynolds1

I just sent my '99 S80 brake computer to the gentleman at the earthlink site -- Victor Rocha.

I will let you know how I made out. He just received it today according to UPS.

Deacon

Reply to
Deacon Eisenhart

How did you make out with the vicrocha guy? I just got my ABS module for my 1999 Volvo V70 XC back from supposedly being rebuilt by Auto & Truck Electronics in Florida. I reinstalled it. The engine light is still on and now the ABS brakes activate all the time. Let me know how your guy worked out.

Reply to
micpee