abs warning light

I have 1 1998 v70 wagon. The ABS light comes on and goes off from time to time. Is this a computer glitch or is the module defective and must be changed (expensive!)?

Reply to
howard

More often it is complaining about a sensor. The pickup area at the wheels is a common trouble point. The sensors and the toothed part can be cleaned (I think that still applies to the '98).

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Many times this is caused by bad contacts in the module. It seems to be possible to re-solder these contacts yourself, although I can't tell you how. Try googling for it.

Good luck, Marc

Reply to
Marc

I had mine (98 S70) repaired last month and it works like a charm (100$ instead of 700$ for a new one). Have a look at:

didn't deal with this place (Oregon I believe) since I found someonelocally.)

Peete

Reply to
Peete