Adding Coolant - S80

Hello All,

I need to add some coolant to my 2005 s-80. Manual says nothing about what color to add. Or how to addit. It says to use only Volvo Coolant mixed 50 /

  1. I assume you can use other coolant that I can buy at the store. And how should I check it. There is a min and max line in the overflow container...but it doesn't say weather to check hot or cold. And if you check it hot...you cant open the cap when it's hot to add it !!! Any help would be appreciated to answer my questions. Thanks, just cant see spending whatever money the Volvo place would want to put a couple of cups of fluid into the car.

John

Reply to
John W
~^ beancounter ~^

Up to you which coolant you choose to use, but earlier this year one side of my original thermostat broke so it wasn't fully opening on my 1997 v70 with

320 000km. The radiator place which replaced it actually asked what I put in the cooling system I cautiously answer it has only ever had volvo genuine coolant in it, and he said it is the cleanest cooling system he has ever seen. He said well whatever you use keep using it. I am happy to follow that advice. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Savage
Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^