2000 V40 - Good Car?

My sister just wrecked her car, and needs a good reliable replacement, with good fuel economy. I know little about the V40 except that it's one of Volvo's 'partnership' cars, I think with Mitsubishi? Anyway, is a V40 automatic with 152k miles that received regular dealer service a god bet, or nearing the end of its useful life? Any problem areas?

Reply to
Leftie

Stay away if the engine is not already bad it will be soon look for another Volvo a V70 or A XC70 I do not what kind of $ you are looking to spend try a few different web sites to look for cars in your area

if you have any questions just ask away & I will do my best to answer them truthfully as possible Glenn K Volvo Certified Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Reply to
John Robertson

If the previous owner took care of the car then no but your car is a certified Volvo so most items should be covered under warranty Glenn K Volvo Certified Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn K