Anyone installed KYB strut cartridges on a '92 944 non turbo?

I haven't put struts on a Volvo since back in the early '90s on my '87 744T.

I was looking at the KYB GR2 struts and found this on one listing for them

"If originally equipped with High Pressure Gas Cartridges; These parts are required to install [365006]:1) PN 1229423-7 (from Volvo) installed under the cartridge, 1) Strut Boot # [SB101] 2) Adapter PN 1229423-7 installed o"

Not sure what the rest might have said. It wasn't there.

Anyway, does anyone know if I need these parts? How much they cost? Anything from volvo purchased for this job would surely offset any savings I would get from after market products... I have no idea if my 940 was "originally equipped with High Pressure Gas Cartridges".

Thanks for any help

Reply to
don b.

John Robertson

Thanks John I mentioned that I was thinking of KYBs to my (VERY trusted) mechanic and he had nothing good to say about them. He suggested Bilsteins. I guess they are as god as OEM replacements with no added parts needed.

Reply to
don b.