Are S/V70 wheels the same bolt pattern as 850 wheels?

Hi all,

My sister has a '96 850 with 15" aluminum wheels. I found a set of used 16" steel wheels from a V70 with 205/55/16 winter tires mounted on them. I am wondering if the bolt pattern is the same on 850, and if the tires would clear the fenders properly.

I am not sure if the OD is the same, (between the 15" and 16"). I can't remember what tire size is on her car right now.

Myron Samila

hiya there, To answer your question the offset is indeed the same from the my94 850 through to the end of the s70./v70 so fitting would be no problem unless you go for 18 or 19inch wheels.

mark in Birmingham UK

850glt 208k miles
16" steel wheels
Reply to
Mark Sovereign

16" steel wheels

'96 850 - bolt pattern: 5x108, OEM tire: 195/60/15 V70 - bolt pattern: 5x108

As you can see, the rims should fit without any problems. Not sure about the tires though. The 205/55/16 is 2.7% taller than 195/60/15. I guess you won't know for sure unless you test-fit it, but it's probably going to work OK.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

16" steel wheels

Hmm... I responded to this thread, but my reply must have gotten lost somehow. Anyway, here it is again...

'96 850 - bolt pattern: 5x108, OEM tire: 195/60/15 V70 - bolt pattern: 5x108

As you can see, the rims should fit without any problems. Not sure about the tires though. The 205/55/16 is 2.7% taller than 195/60/15. I guess you won't know for sure unless you test-fit it, but it's probably going to work OK.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Thanks Pete, but are the offset the same for the 760/850/S70? Since the S70 is a FWD, the offset may be different, although, I'm not 100% sure of that.

Reply to
Myron Samila

S70 is a FWD, the

Looking at the aftermarket rims offered for both cars on

they recommend the same offset rims for both, which is in the ET35-ET40 range, so I think it's OK. The OEM rims are probably closer to ET40.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete