B230F Engine & transmission weight

Hi there !!

I am about to dismantle my 1986 240 Wagon with manual transmission, after a lengthy and reliable life with me, it finally lost its battle with rust. Since I have a newer 245 (same color and all) I want to know the approximate weight of the engine and transmission as one unit for storage purposes, I need to build some shelving in the garage. Thanks

real address:

arnold_perez13 at verizon dot net

Reply to
Arnold Perez

The transmission is about 80 lbs give or take a few for the manual tranny, not sure about the automatic but it's significantly heavier. Engine is around 250-300 lbs, maybe a bit more fully assembled.

Reply to
James Sweet

Build a pallet with a 2x4 frame and a deck of 1.25" boards, find a set of steel casters to mount on the underside, and build mount points to fit the engine mounts and support the transmission.

Set the assembly in place and secure it, cover it with a plastic tarp, and roll it under a shelf rather than trying to lift it onto a shelf.

And, if you'd like to get rid of the rear springs and upper spring mounts, I'd be interested in them. My 145 is sagging...

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

Thanks, this is helpful as I am planning on hauling out my AQ 151c Volvo Penta (gas) (B230 block) engine from my boat at this season's end.

Reply to
GJ Walsh