b230F info about fuel line

Hello, I would like to know if the flexible tubing going from the fuel pump to the injection system has to be a high pressure tubing or not. After several years of good service it is starting to crack and has to be replaced. thanks,

Reply to
Bluefox

The tubing is actually some special coaxial stuff (and, yes, it is high pressure... runs at up to something like 45 psi). Underneath the rubbery cover is a stiff plastic tubing. If you disconnect it at the fuel rail I think you can get a better look at it. My guess is it's only the rubbery jacket that is cracking.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Hello Michael! you could be right. It struck my attention because I had a leak in the gasoline hose going back to the tank. This seems to be a low pressure hose. This was easy to replace. Franky "Michael Pardee" schreef in bericht news:5p6dnQp77M60dUzZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net...

Reply to
Bluefox

Yeah the return line is low pressure and is standard fuel hose. The high pressure line feeds fuel to the regulator which dumps it back to the tank through the low pressure return line as needed to maintain pressure.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
Bluefox