Back-up (reversing) lights U/S (Don't work.)

Hi,

1993 240 Classic wagon; stick-shift (M47 gearbox). Back-up (reversing) lights don't work. All fuses are OK. Both lights failed at same time. No power is reaching the bulbs.

Questions: Is it possible to reach and check the back-up light switch on the M47 from under the car? Is the switch in the same position as on earlier versions, M40 etc.? Any other suggestions re the cause of failure?

Thank you. Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn

Yes, it's possible. The switch is on the top cover, pointing sideways, there should only be one switch and set of wires on your transmission. Lowering the transmission by lowering the crossmember gives you a little more room to work.

Reply to
Mike F

Many thanks, Mike. I had given up expecting a response to this one! ,,,,,,,,, but I kept looking.

Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn

When did you post it? I'd have responded, but I must not have seen the post originally.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks James. I appreciate your interest. It was posted 06/10/05 11:54 AM. I was thinking that perhaps my use of "U/S"put off some U.S readers, but I was trying to be bi-lingual............. :-)

Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn