Anyone use a Tom Tom Go in a newish Volvo ???

I have been told that if i plug a Tom Tom Go into my 12V Cigarette lighter it could mess up the engine management system on the car ?! anyone heard similar or is this the tosh that i suspect it might be ? cheers

Reply to
Blackrat999

Sounds like tosh to me!

I use my TTG in my 1999 V70 2.5D with the power supply plugged into the cigar lighter with no problems whatsoever.

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

Reply to
Rob Guenther

"> What do they do? Never heard of one before, kinda curious as to what it is.

its a GPS satellite navigation system.

Reply to
Blackrat999

Some interesting nickname for it :-)

Reply to
Rob Guenther

There is often a warning with mobile phone chargers etc, that damage is possible to the accessary from current variations. Mine advises leave it unplugged while starting the motor & before turning off I think... sometimes I remember but you never actually hear of someone blowing one up.

Reply to
jg

maybe volvo would like you to buy and use thier gps system, only $2500.00

Reply to
simmo

That cheap? In the Netherlands it is only Euro 4000,- ;-((

Reply to
V50 driver

That can't be right. I'm getting a new S60 next week which has the Volvo RTI navigation with included TV, and it costs me SEK 24000 = Euro 2600 = USD

3400.

/Mats

Reply to
Mats Bredell

In article , simmo writes

I don't know about Tomtom Go, but my Tomtom GPS Bluetooth and PDA don't seem to have any effect on the engine management system of my V70. And why should it? All the cigarette lighter socket does is provide about half an amp of current.

Reply to
Mike Lindsay