Broken headlight

It is just a guess but the way things work these days you have to replace the whole assembly because that is all you can buy (new/used) minus the bulbs of course. The bulbs should be relatively easy to change.

Perhaps someone else can add a few pesos ($) worth of experience.

Gunner

I work at a Volvo dealership, the only thing that can be done is replace the whole assm.

Reply to
Venom

Replaced both headlamp glasses on my S70 last week took about 10 mins per side. No problems.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Lee

Bloody hell!! I had to replace one glass on our 850 afew months ago, and it required removal of the whole lamp from the car, recovery of the stainless clips, shaking out all the old glass, then 2 pairs of hands, and pliers to compress the foam enough with the glass without breaking it, to re-install the savagely sharp clips! Then re-insall in the car. Took about 40mins to do one...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

On my 99 V70, my right headlight lens was broken, leaving the reflective interior exposed to the elements and breaking my high-beam bulb (the regular bulb still works).

Questions:

  1. Is it wise to simply replace the high-beam bulb, lens and gasket, given that the reflective surface inside has now been exposed to the elements?

  1. And is replacing the lens a difficult task?

  2. Or, is replacing the whole headlamp assembly worth the extra expense?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Reply to
Sean