Headlight query

Just fitted a new lens to my Volvo v70 headlight

Due to water damage from the hole in the old one some of the reflective paint on the plastic reflector has gone and the flesh coloured plastic is showing

As a new headlamp is over 200ukp and as I have already fitted the new lens I want to try to keep the existing headlight

Is there any way to redo the reflector surface?

Any help much appreciated

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Buy one with damaged lense from a scrappy.

Reply to
DuncanWood

Some hotmelt glue in the hole in the lens will keep the water out for a couple of years, then you re-do it. Or use silicone sealant. This won't cure the reflector but it will save a new one getting damaged.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham

No. Plating plastic is an expensive process for a one off.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "TMC" saying something like:

All you can do is try to spray the bare area with a chrome-effect spray. Kevs used to use it on steel wheels; I don't know if it's still around, but a decent accessory shop might have it.

I've had some success with this stuff in the past on knackered reflectors, but if it's a large area you'll notice the light output isn't as good as the original.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon