driver's side low-beam headlight not working 1990 Loyale

Good morning kind Subaru drivers-

So I've found that all of the folks flashing their high-beams at me as I drive to work were NOT telling me of an upcoming speed-trap - rather, my driver's side low-beam isn't working! I replaced the bulb, but to no improvement; even with a new bulb, the low-beam doesn't work on the driver's side (note: passenger side low-beam and both high- beams work fine, as do all other exterior and interior lights). I checked fuses, and they're fine. So by process of elimination I think it's the headlight relay. Can anyone a) share their thoughts on this assessment, and b) if it is a relay, advise me on where the heck to find the thing? Thanks! DW

Reply to
wartdanny

Located directly behind the instrument panel there is a row of 4 or 5 relays. Not easy to get to. But before going down that road, test for current at the light. Unplug it with it on and see if any of the wires test hot. Find a hot wire then the problem is in the ground somewhere.

-- Message posted using

information at

johninKY

What he said. You wouldn't be the first to find a bad/corroded ground causing the problem.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Thanks John and Carl for the helpful comeback - I found another spare halogen bulb in my toolbox, thought, what the hey, and gave it a try - and everything works. So - maybe my previous "spare" (which was in an opened container but looked brand new, even the gasket wasn't dirty) was a previous burn-out... or maybe a bad connection (I hear corroded ground) was moved enough during my replacing the new bulb. Either way, I really appreciate your help and will have a plan of action if it happens again! I'll post again if anything develops, for general edification. peace- DW

Reply to
wartdanny