CAR WILL START and REV but NOT IDLE ;240 DL Volvo 1989: HELP!!!!

I hadn't driven my car in two or three days. Car was hard to start in the morning. It went about five miles and started stalling out and finally stopping. Now car will start but not idle at all. It will start rev up; but, not idle. My brother changed the fuel filter which filled up with gas but it will not idle. Could it be the external fuel pump, fuel pump inside the gas tank, or the air intake sensor, or none of the above???? And how would I know? Thanks bunches for any help! This starving actress has to get to work!!! janet

DamnitJanet

pleeeease help anyone? thanks sooo much! janet

DamnitJanet

I assume it's a Volvo. What year and model? What country are you in so we can guess which fuel system you have?

Reply to
Mike F

If it starts and revs, but won't idle, then maybe the air idle control valve is gunged up?

Reply to
Conrad Edwards