CD-Reader for old RTI-Navi System

Hello,

I'm looking for a replacement of a broken CD-reader of my old RTI-Navigation System in a V70 (1998).

Does anybody know where i can get a used one?

Thank's

Dieter

Reply to
Dieter Baurecht

I do not know this, but I would strongly suspect that they use a standard cd drive--take it apart and check it out--if you dare!

Reply to
Steve n Holly

Steve n Holly schrieb:

That was my hope too, but of course, they use a self-made cd drive :(

Dieter

Reply to
Dieter Baurecht

I can believe that they might go so far as to have an OEM make them a rebadged drive, maybe even with some proprietary modifications. But are you saying that Volvo owns a CD-drive factory somewhere?

Reply to
L David Matheny

What is the connector on the end of the self made CD like? Perhaps for an extra 20 or 30 bucks a computer repair place would solder the Volvo one onto a standard CD player?

perhaps the Volvo CD has a interface PC board attached atop a standard CD player?

I just do not see how they can make their own CD player drive! I can be wrong!

Reply to
Steve n Holly

Steve n Holly schrieb:

Of course, they don't build the CD player drive, but the connections have nothing to do with IDE or SCSI CD drives from PCs (I know what I'm talking about!).

Trying to make a adapter could be possible, but not if you don't have any connection diagram.

Is there anybody who knows where I can get a used replacement?

Reply to
Dieter Baurecht