Cold soak sensor problem

2001 V40 auto turbo.

If the car has been soaking in the cold for hours, I get the "light out" warning on the dash come on, either immediately on starting or shortly thereafter. Usually appears at -10C (that's 10F for the non-metric types) or lower.

Seems to be related to the cold soak because if the car has been warmed up, the light may spontaneously go out or it will on the next restart (problematic but happens more often than not).

What are the likely candidates? I got my wife to check the lights on one of our last rides together and all lights appear to be working.

Reply to
byrocat

Brrr! A contact in/on a bulb or a connector is shrinking enough to open the circuit tripping the bulb out sensor? Clean them all and use a dab of NOALOX or your favorite antioxidant.

I've got a similar problem on my SAAB, except it is not related to the cold - periodically it faults with a breaklight out even though the are all lit.

-K

Reply to
Kelsey Cummings

actually 14F :-)