Coolant Level indicator lamp 2000 V70 T5

Hi there ! The coolant level indicator lamp came on in my 2000 V70 T5, I pulled over and looked at the coolant level on the expansion reservoir and found it ok, looked at my temperature gauge and was ok, so I kept driving and keeping an eye on the gauges. I took a look at the electric manual, and to my surprise, the manual indicates that there is no wire connected to pin A14 on the 30 pin connector of the combination instrument. That is the pin that would light up the Coolant Level indicator lamp. I looked on the expansion tank, and there is no float or level switches either. Any ideas before I start tearing things apart to follow a wire that the manual tells me it doesn't exist ?

Thanks

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold

If it is like my V70 you can't see the sensor as it sits under the expansion tank. Had the same problem with the lamp coming on and was baffled for a while. Take the expansion tank of its brackets and you'll see the sensor under the tank. It is a very quick and easy fix and not expensive.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

Hi Tony, you are right, there is a level sensor on the bottom of the expansion tank. Can you tell me if this sensor is screwed in from the top?,

Thanks

Reply to
Arnold

It just snaps in. When you have the new one in hand you will see.

Bob

Reply to
User