S70 spark plugs

Are Volvo plugs really worth the $32 vs the $7.50 for the Bosch Copper (FCP Groton prices)? I have a S70 T5, and I'm taking care of my 90K maintenance, and would like opinions on plugs.

I think I read somewhere that if you change your plugs regularly, then the difference is less noticeable. Is this true? I can replace the Bosch plugs

4 times and still be cheaper than the $32.

On the other hand, someone said that getting the Volvo plugs and wires is well worth it.

Thanks.

Are you sure the $32 quote was not for a "set" of plugs, not just one ? Volvo dealers normally only sell carded sets, not individual plugs.

Reply to
Reed

The "Volvo" plugs come in a set, which is $32. The Bosch coppers are individually priced at $1.50 each, which comes out to $7.50.

mike

You are comparing apples and oranges. Bosch coppers are garden variety old-tech spark plugs from the change 'em every 12-24k miles era. Your S70 would have specified platinum or iridium type plugs.

Personally I like the NGK Iridiums. Expensive, but you can put 'em in there for 60,000 miles or more and not worry about them.

John

Reply to
John Horner

M schrieb:

*FACK*! Platinum and nothing less!
*FACK* again! AFAIR Volvo specifies only Platinum plugs on the T5 versions.

Joerg

Reply to
Joerg 'Hugybear' Lorenz

They will probably work, but just not for as long as the original type.

Nothing is simple anymore, including spark plugs!

John

Reply to
John Horner

I have a '99 XC and a '98 V70 non-turbo. I have found that going with the Volvo plugs was worth the $. The V70 non-turbo requires the plugs with the three-prongs, hard to find outside of Volvo ($15 from Volvo). The copper Bosch only lasted 12 to 15k when I tried them. The Volvo plugs will go 40 to

60k. Pete
Reply to
Peter (Remove one i and theRe