definitions of high mileage

hi folks.....

thought you might get a chuckle from this. I have a small shop specializing in fleet maintenance for light and medium duty trucks. In today's mail I received an invite from my GMC dealer to nominate "high-mileage" Chevy and GMC trucks for some sort of club.....their definition being 200,000 miles.

I closed the shop at 7:00PM, drove home in my 540,831 mile 87' 240 wagon and parked next to my wife's 280,411 mile 93' 850 GLT.

regards

wharf rat

Reply to
dupree8995

200,000 miles is a very low threshold for "high milage" and does little to inspire confidence in GM products. A better example of high milage is the still-running Volvo P1800 with over 2,000,000 miles.
Reply to
hjsjms

I am hearing high milage at 175klm which is just 110 thousand miles at which my Volvo is still running in .Our old taxi motors went much longer if some driver didnt try running them with out water when a hose blew .Its all in how you look after them and the quality of the oil and filter .

Reply to
John Robertson

Though in all fairness that P1800 has had several engine and tranny rebuilds.

200K is longer than most people keep cars, I'd still consider that to be high mileage, that said, I have closer to 300K on my Volvo, still going strong, definitely needs some suspension bushings though.
Reply to
James Sweet

Our 85 765T turned 240K miles this week, but I'm afraid it isn't long for this world. Last winter a gentleman with a large supply of illegal drugs in his rental car smashed through the parking lot at work and did more damage to it than the car is worth. It drives more or less okay, but the unibody is pretty bent.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee