I saw this and thought of you ...

... Dave (Hinz) :)

A T16 engine in a Sonett. Nice :) Comments?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

That's one hell of a horsepower:weight ratio right there, in a nice low car. I'd imagine it corners well.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 06/08/2004 21:51:

Seems it's RWD too. Bet is can corner too well, if you know what I mean :)

The principle reminds me very much of what TVR were doing back then with the mid/late '60s Griffith. They used a V8; that Sonett with a turbocharged 4 is certainly a better power/weight ratio.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Ummmmmmm.... TVR....

Reply to
- Bob -

TVR is an abbreviation of 'Trevor', the company boss, but most people would know that.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nsaeccueuesizefitterwruovweswernuao.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

I knew dat.

I can just imagine the scene with the work shop manager and the company boss,

company boss "Every car of quality is named after the company owner, Look at Ford, And Rolls Royce, and Bentley, and thats what we are going to do".

Work shop manager "It'll never sell, I don't care what you think, Nobody will ever buy a car called bloody 'Trevor'".

Everytime I hear that story I always think of a conversation along those lines.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

[...]

Relevance: Unusual cars (e.g. Saabs)

Went to a London underground car park. There were two! Tatra 603 (~1955-75) parked next to each other, one was red. They were fairly dusty, suggesting long term storage. But what an impressive looking car that is, wow! It is quite a substantial size car, probably only few were made for the party apparatzia and even fewer left by now.

Johannes H Andersen

Well, I don't think anyone over here in the USA knew that "TVR" was short for "Trevor". Then again, a very, very small minority would even know what a TVR was. It's falls into the same category over here as Bricklins, Panteras, etc... and the infamous Fiat Dino (says Bob still kicking himself for passing up opportunities to buy not one, but two different Fiat Dinos over the years.)

Reply to
- Bob -

Very nice cars. Air cooled rear mounted 8 and 6 cylinder engines depending on which tatra, with a petrol fueled heater system. Would love one of those

Reply to
MeatballTurbo