Engine type

I was after a way of identifying the engine model in my car easy. thanks.

Reply to
networker

has the engine designation (Google Volvo VIN decoding). My engine type is also part of the engine number stamped on the block. You could also do it from model and year, try:

All this assumes you have the original engine in the car.

Bill

Not the Bill in the link above!

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
networker

And the information for the 300 series is completely wrong. :)

Reply to
Lars Trebing

"Bill" skrev i melding news:bng2iv$10m0b0$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-139518.news.uni-berlin.de...

I have two Volvo-engines. A b19a from a 1980 244DL, and a b230a from a 1980

240GL. The b19a was only mensioned as a 3-series engine, and the b230a wasn't mensioned at all. Both the engines were in swedish cars.

- Jan Rune Bjorkelo -

Reply to
Jan Rune Bjørkelo

Maybe not as far as USA is concerned Lars. Bill is an American gentleman with an American website.

Cheers, Peter.

: > All this assumes you have the original engine in the car. : : And the information for the 300 series is completely wrong. :) : : -- : Lars Trebing |

| mailto: snipped-for-privacy@ltrebing.de:

Reply to
Peter Milnes

I'm aware of this, but then he could simply remove all of his 300-series data, as none of these cars were regularly sold in the US, and almost all of the data there is just wrong. :) Only few 300-series Volvos were sold with the B19 engine. Most had Renault engines (B14, B17), some around 1980 hat the B19, and starting around 1982 the "power" version came with the B200. The last 340s were sold in the early 1990s with the B14 engine.

Reply to
Lars Trebing

The USA annexed Canada and I was the last to know? Damn!

- alex

'85 244 Turbo

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

I think it's pretty inaccurate in general. But it's a nice start... sorta.

- alex

'85 244 Turbo

Reply to
Alex Zepeda