exhaust problem

Hi

I hope someone can help...

I have just fitted a new exhaust to my volvo 440, and I appear to have a problem: The mid section exhaust pipe seems to be in tight contact with the heat shield, causing a dreadful banging whilst driving!

I was thinking of putting some sort of flexible, heat resistant pad between the pipe and heat shield, but have not got any idea of what material to use. Can anyone suggest what to use/do?

Thanks in advance for any useful comments. Derek

Reply to
Sue

Get the fitter to hang the system correctly.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes