making up an exhaust

Hi all I need to replace the exhaust on my 2800cc Diesel N/A imported landcruiser, but i can't get one to fit as it is an african spec. would i be able to take a defender or series exhaust and cut it about to fit or does each vehicle need certain backpressure or the like. Any advice would be appreciated except if it involves lots of money

Cheers

1963 series 2a petrol 1990 Toy Landcruiser
Reply to
Splitpin

Diesels don't like excessive backpressure, otherwise there's not much to look out for. Go and buy an assortment of pre-formed bends, some straight tube, and an appropriate silencer then assemble them all into a workable exhaust system. Make sure you replace (or re-use if it's still ok) the flexible bellows otherwise you'll end up cracking to down pipe from the exhaust manifold.

I expect you could modify a Hilux exhaust system quite easily - from memory the front section of a 2.4 or 2.8 NA one should be very similar, and the silencer should be pretty much the same.

Reply to
EMB

Are you on facebook yet matey?

Reply to