'99 MX-5 Antenna With a Mind of Its Own

A CD got stuck in my CD player in my '99 MX-5. After removing and replacing most of the fuses under the dash, the CD finally freed itself, but the radio panel light stayed on when the ignition was switched off. Removing the dashboard lights fuse under the hood solved that, but now the antenna will raise and lower itself (and the unit will switch on and off) when I merely turn the volume control.

Removing the under-hood fuse did not work in any combination (ignition on/off, acc. on/off0. Any suggestions?

Reply to
KKennedy

Sounds like your radio is deceased,

  1. check Ebay for a replacement or
  2. take it to your dealer and spend the millions required to get a new one or
  3. take it to a radio repair place and spend a bunch of money to not have it fixed properly or
  4. spend a hundred or two for some cheap bit of crap from Sony/Kenwood/Alpine, etc. to stick in the hole left when you pull your deceased radio out.
  5. will be the cheapest, 1. will be the most satisfactory in the long run. BTDT.
Reply to
XS11E