Fuel Problems 93 850? 5 cyl

My nephew has this vehicle which is stuck at the farm 2 hrs away. I will go there this weekend and repair it, but I am not familiar with Volvos.

He said it would stop-go-stop just like it was out of gas, but there was lots of gas in the tank.

Can someone tell me please:

-where is the fuel filter located?

-is it a mechanical pump or electric one?

-if electric, where is it?

Are there any special tricks or suggestions to troubleshooting and repairing/replacing these components? He says he bought a new filter and pump to take with us.

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Happy Trails

See

Repairs and Tips.(I'd start by checking the fuel pump relay for bad solder joints - acommon problem ->

Jarkka

Thanks for the info, Jarkka.

Turns out fuel system seems okay - I have pressure on rail !

But no sparks ???

So I pulled the coil assembly, with the power transistor mounted.

How can I test that to see if it's good?

Are these usually available at a scrap yard?

Is replacing this the likely solution, or am I going to find out it is a mysterious fault involving sensors and a computer, hahahaha?

Reply to
Happy Trails

Are you getting any trouble codes on sockets A2 or A6?

758 Jarkka

Reply to
Jarkka