'93 Town & Country, Replacing ABS accumulator, Bendix-10

Hi again;

The saga continues. I've got a 1993 T&C van with the Bendix 10 ABS. I've resigned myself to the fact that I have to replace the ABS accumulator. Parts cost approx $250. So -- Where is this thing located? How difficult is it to replace myself. I've done lots of auto repair work before but this is my first ABS part. Are there any tricks in replacing it? Any special tools needed? Many Thanks in advance. Gary --- Atlanta.

PS. Still in dispute with the dealer demanding why they didn't check the pump pressure and leak-down rate when I asked them to verify that the warranty parts are still good.

Reply to
gary_jabo

It takes less then 5 min to replace. purchase the part and you will see where it goes and how easy it is to install. All you need is an oil filter wrench or a large pair of pliers. MAKE SURE TO RELEASE ALL PRESSURE BEFORE ATTEMPTING REPAIR! Key off......pump the brake pedal at least 60 times before removing this part and do not turn key back on until the new part is installed. Stop crying about the pressure test and the fact that you had to purchase the part!!! The dealer did do a pressure test, how do you think they told you the accumulator was bad??? A gauge has to be installed to determine this.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower