Generic O2 sensors? Which kind? Where from?

Hi Again,

Now that the volvo(1999 S70 2.4 No turbo) is telling me that bank 1 sensor 2 needs to be replaced, I wonder what you all know about generic replacement 4 wire O2 sensors?

Any advice on buying these bad boys? Does anyone here have recommendations along those lines?

I prefer Denso, as that seems to be factory original and also I hate Bosch ;~)

I any one has a source that is know to be good, or a part number for this item I would be grateful.

Thanks, Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Over here, we have alot more problems with Denso reliability than we do Bosch; who are regarded as about number 1 when it comes to quality.

I would not fit a 'generic' o2 sensor or cat. They are false economy and usually generate more problems than they solve.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

The Factory original "volvo" part was made by Denso.

It worked for 72K miles.

That's good enough for me.

I have ordered a Denso "universal" and will let you know how it goes.

I am hoping your "false economy" theory proves wrong.

I drive a mercedes. Screw Bosch! :~)

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

97 S70, 80k miles, Bosch o2 sensor, still original. Previous 92 850 with a bosch sensor- 120k and still fine.

We are seeing alot of French cars with Denso ignition packs and map sensors failing at a very early age (2-3 yrs) here.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

My mom's 86 245 still has the original Bosch O2 sensor at nearly 250K miles, I know that because I remember when that car was bought new. I've thought it must be about shot, but the car is getting nearly 30 mpg highway.

Reply to
James Sweet

That's great! If you guys think Bosch is so great more power to you.

Any oxygen sensor can be taken out by a shot, even when it's brand new.

I am guessing if your mom drove like my wife you would have bought some Oxygen Sensors by now ;~)

Reply to
Martin Joseph