Heated Seats - 460se

Hi All,

I have an 1994 "460se" and the drivers heated seat doesn't appear to heat up anymore ( the passenger seat is fine ) is there anything easy / obvious I can do to check ie: connections etc. I know it's a basic question. but, now the days are getting colder it would be nice to get it working again!

Thanks in advance,

John.

Reply to
Johnty

Hi -

I don't know if this is applicable to that model, but I had two seat problems on my 240dl (1986 model):

  • The heater coils eventually "disintegrated" after about 12 years of use... The lighted rocker will still glow when activated, but the heater coils will simple not conduct and generate heat. These elements are serviceable, but I've no experience right now as it is not a priority for me.

Another problem I've found is that several people of large stature have ridden many times (over several years, this one guy was like 350 or 400 pounds) in my passenger seat and it eventually cracked the frame along with the heating element destruction. Had a new frame put in, and it's all OK now. Ironically, I know another big guy (but not as big as the other) who is in the 250's or so and he didn't cause any such problems. The mechanics I use say that this can also be a problem with people who are very small and bounce around a lot on some of the country roads where I drive.

- Stu

Reply to
Stuart Cianos