HELP..In search of an S60 Front model number Plate!!

Does anyone know where I may obtain the sleek European black plate that Volvo advertises all there cars with?? In the front of the car.

You know, the one in all the commercials and brochures... I am looking for one for my S60. I have queried both Volvo online via email and thru my local dealer. Neither has a clue where I can get one.

any help appreciated !!

- Marco

Reply to
Marco

Probably because number plates are issued by your state/county licencing authority.

Ask them.

Marco wrote:

Reply to
Half a Bee

I got a few off of eBay... just do a search on "European license plates". There are a number of different kinds.

Charlie

Reply to
CD

Some states like Pennsylvania don't issue front license plates. We can use anything or nothing.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

What is European style - my British plates are white background on the front and yellow at the back with black numbers? I don't think I have seen black plates in Europe (France, Germany, Belgium, Spain.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

It is just the thinner, longer plate that has "S 60" in white factory letters, printed on black background. I say "European style, because it is the size of a typical "European" front plate, thin and long. not like the standard squared shape of a reg US plate. Also, it isn't a "real" license plate, only a vanity plate, used by volvo for advertising. It is seen in all there brochures, commerials, etc.. I suppose I could make one, but I am sure they are out there somewhere.

thanks

Reply to
Marco

Interestingly, I have a picture of an S70 on my desktop that shows a front view of the car in the same colour as my V70. It shows the type of plate that you want (with S70 on it of course) but it shows the plate in a recess on the front bumper that doesn't exist on the real car... if you look closely, you can see that "plate" is "photoshopped" on.

Reply to
Mike F

aw, shit ! thanks for pointing that out ! Don't i feel silly. and you'd think, I use photoshop, and didn't recognize that...

thanks again marco

Reply to
Marco