Broken turn signal lens needs replacement

I ruined a big fat ducks day when it flew right in front of me and I nailed it with my right turn signal. He got revenge before he died by smashing the lens. I've seen a few places on the web that sell replacements. Question: is there anything I should know about these lens's? Are some of these less expensive after market lens's inferior? The only thing that was broken was the lens, is it better to buy the whole assembly or just get the lens...

Any help or experience would help and be appreciated.

Thanks Don B.

Oh, and I did feel terrible about the duck.

Reply to
Don B.

I probably should have mentioned I drive a 1995 940 (no fog ligths).

Reply to
Don B.

The turn signal and front sidelight should be an integral unit that unclips from the side of the headlamp (clips undo from inside the bonnet [hood]). Check with Haynes or Chilton for method of removal/replacement.

Did the duck taste good?

Cheers, Peter.

: >I ruined a big fat ducks day when it flew right in front of me and I : >nailed it with my right turn signal. He got revenge before he died by : >smashing the lens. I've seen a few places on the web that sell replacements. : >Question: is there anything I should know about these lens's? Are some of these : >less expensive after market lens's inferior? The only thing that was broken was : >the lens, is it better to buy the whole assembly or just get the lens... : >

: >Any help or experience would help and be appreciated. : >

: >Thanks : >Don B. : >

: >Oh, and I did feel terrible about the duck. : >

:
Reply to
Peter Milnes

i crack mine all the time, here in colorado, folowing and passing trucks on the interstate @ 80mph....esp in the winter w/sand and gravel...just pick one up off of eBay...thats what i do...pleanty of parts @ good prices there...ships to your front door....my $.02 worth...enjoy the 940 !!

richard colorado

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Duck was a bit "stringy" with a vague tinge of plastic flavor...

Thanks Peter and Richard

Reply to
Don B.